International Cosmic Day
The International Cosmic Day enables students to get in contact with astroparticle physicists to get a first insight into their research, experimental methods and everyday work. Some basic questions which will be adressed are:
- What are cosmic particles?
- Where do they come from?
- How can they be measured?
The 4th International Cosmic Day on November 5, 2015 is organized by DESY, together with Netzwerk Teilchenwelt, IPPOG, QuarkNet and Fermilab and will enable students in many different countries around the world to get to do their own experiments at nearby universities, research institutions or even in their classrooms. We invite students to
- Perform their own cosmic particle experiment
- Analyze and present their data on a common website
- Compare their own results with the results of others
- Work like in an international research collaboration
- Get in contact with scientists and physics